ASK FOR THE OLD PATHS
Text: JEREMIAH 6:16
INTRODUCTION: We are living in a day of new inventions and innovations.
However, we need to take inventory and ask ourselves, what's wrong with the old proven way of doing thing? What's wrong with something that works? We do not need a new message, but rather a new emphasis on the old message.
I. THE OLD PATH OF PREACHING
A. Fundamental preaching. (11 Timothy 4:2)
1. Preach the Word
2. Preach whole counsel of Word. (Acts 20:27)
B. Fiery Preaching (Jeremiah 19:9)
1. Preacher with unction in pulpit
2. Produces action in pews
C. Fearless Preaching (Act 4:8-13)
1. Right down the line
2. Regardless of the outcome
II. THE OLD PATH OF PRAISE
A. Excited Christians
1. Should be full of joy. (John 15:11)
2. Should he full of zeal
B. Essential to Cause (Nehemiah 8:10)
1. Absence leads to depression.
2. Most always ends in defeat
C. Extreme Cases (Beware)
1. Zeal without knowledge. (11 Samuel 18:22)
2. Action without unction
III. THE OLD PATH OF PERSISTENCE
A. Because of a Personal Salvation (Galatians 2:20)
1. Removal of burden of sin.
2. Realization of blessing of salvation.
B. Because of Promises to Saviour. (Ecciesiates 5:4)
1. Serve Him because you love Him.
2. Surrender to Him now.
C. Because of perishing sinners. (Luke 14:23)
FROM MAZE JACKSON- EVANGELIST